Modo 302 was just released. Hoping that we can use this on leopard 10.5. Minah's been modeling with Modo but hasn't been able to use 301 in either OS X or XP, as it's always crashing, but the 301 sculpting tools are really cool. 302 Brings other enhancements, the most relevant to us is:
modo’s selection tools are further simplified with a Select Close Loop option that intuitively selects polygons based on the first two polygons selected.
- New Flex tool streamlines posing of tentacles, fingers and antennae or similar organic mesh edits
- Tool positioning is made more flexible and automatic via a new Selection Border action center and the new Selection Falloff
- Interpolated strokes make modo sculpting and painting even smoother
- The Edge Extend tool now includes a customizable tool that lets you move, rotate and scale
- New Join Edge, Join Edge Average and Split Edge options provide new edge editing control
- A new Set Vertex Normals command lets you create a new vertex normals vertex map (prior to file export for example)